Two Firefox browser additions you should have
For one, I always think it’s better to use a 3rd party browser vs the native browser that comes with the operating system or computer. I have been a big fan of the Firefox browser since it first came out, a separate application install meant security updates to the browser were not tied to the underlying operating system. In addition, the open source nature, extensions, and plugin support meant there is a open framework for getting problems fixed quick and adding new features relatively simple.
There are two firefox browser additions I want to make people aware of, I use them to minimize the number of ads I see on most websites (sometimes ads lead to some unsafe sites) and the other forces a secure connection to most websites to help prevent network eavesdropping.
- Ad Block Plus – this addition tells firefox not to load ads from common websites that serve advertisements, it reduces the content on the page.
- HTTPS Everywhere – this addition from the Electronic Frontier Foundation tells firefox to use a secure connection when logging on to a website if it exists, it helps keep your id and password more secure.
I’m sure there are other security related additions, these are just two I found most useful.
Hope this helps keep your browsing safe!
- Fixing the scroll wheel on the Microsoft Arc Mouse
- HVAC "service professional" experience
- GnuCash Accounting Software on the Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi - Rio Rancho Albuquerque New Mexico
- Raspberry Pi 3 show and tell with RRPS NAPAC
- How to use VNC & Camtasia to record presentations/demos from other laptops
- Raspberry Pi 101 presentation and hands on station at RRPS NAPAC Meeting
- Whitfield Advantage Optima 3 Pellet Stove - Noisy/Rattling Blower
- Wow, pretty amazing maps with open source software QGIS. dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ar… 22 hours ago
- GnuCash Accounting Software on the Raspberry Pi dompruitt.com/2016/10/22/gnu… https://t.co/bARQmL48Ve 1 day ago
- Been playing with #GnuCash 2.6.14 on the #RaspberryPi, nice little business accounting solution for the cost of the hardware. @Raspberry_Pi 1 week ago
- @MyITInstructor I'm home for the next 2 weeks, let me know what works for you. 1 week ago
- Raspberry Pi desktop update PIXEL dompruitt.com/2016/10/05/ras… https://t.co/Rt76sYvl88 2 weeks ago
- October 2016
- September 2016
- June 2016
- April 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- July 2015
- February 2015
- October 2014
- January 2014
- May 2013
- July 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- February 2010
- May 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008