Two Firefox browser additions you should have
For one, I always think it’s better to use a 3rd party browser vs the native browser that comes with the operating system or computer. I have been a big fan of the Firefox browser since it first came out, a separate application install meant security updates to the browser were not tied to the underlying operating system. In addition, the open source nature, extensions, and plugin support meant there is a open framework for getting problems fixed quick and adding new features relatively simple.
There are two firefox browser additions I want to make people aware of, I use them to minimize the number of ads I see on most websites (sometimes ads lead to some unsafe sites) and the other forces a secure connection to most websites to help prevent network eavesdropping.
- Ad Block Plus – this addition tells firefox not to load ads from common websites that serve advertisements, it reduces the content on the page.
- HTTPS Everywhere – this addition from the Electronic Frontier Foundation tells firefox to use a secure connection when logging on to a website if it exists, it helps keep your id and password more secure.
I’m sure there are other security related additions, these are just two I found most useful.
Hope this helps keep your browsing safe!
- Fixing the scroll wheel on the Microsoft Arc Mouse
- Montessori Program at Sandia Vista Elementary School Expands for 2013-2014 School Year
- Sandia Vista Elementary School Montessori Program - a hidden gem in the Rio Rancho Public School System (RRPS)
- Oysters in Albuquerque New Mexico 3
- Whitfield Advantage Optima 3 Pellet Stove - Noisy/Rattling Blower
- Err Card 2 fixed on Marantz PMD661 with A2.03 Firmware
- About Dominic
- HVAC "service professional" experience
- Oysters in Albuquerque New Mexico 3 dompruitt.com/2016/09/23/oys… https://t.co/aDbX9VKrv3 20 hours ago
- Rimshot at #IBMedge #Edge2016 in Vegas ... https://t.co/LzGKZpfPZx 3 days ago
- RT @anirbahn: Lisa Deluca discussing her children's book about the "Internet of Mysterious Things" #IBMEdge https://t.co/TYepfplfG8 4 days ago
- RT @sciam: Fifty years after the original series premiere, 'Star Trek' is still the gold standard of scientific accuracy https://t.co/0mOS… 1 week ago
- RT @peaksflyfishing: A lovely grayling in the late summer sun #flyfishing #peakdistrict https://t.co/WXOV3XwSEM 1 week ago
- September 2016
- June 2016
- April 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- July 2015
- February 2015
- October 2014
- January 2014
- May 2013
- July 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- February 2010
- May 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008