Two Firefox browser additions you should have
For one, I always think it’s better to use a 3rd party browser vs the native browser that comes with the operating system or computer. I have been a big fan of the Firefox browser since it first came out, a separate application install meant security updates to the browser were not tied to the underlying operating system. In addition, the open source nature, extensions, and plugin support meant there is a open framework for getting problems fixed quick and adding new features relatively simple.
There are two firefox browser additions I want to make people aware of, I use them to minimize the number of ads I see on most websites (sometimes ads lead to some unsafe sites) and the other forces a secure connection to most websites to help prevent network eavesdropping.
- Ad Block Plus – this addition tells firefox not to load ads from common websites that serve advertisements, it reduces the content on the page.
- HTTPS Everywhere – this addition from the Electronic Frontier Foundation tells firefox to use a secure connection when logging on to a website if it exists, it helps keep your id and password more secure.
I’m sure there are other security related additions, these are just two I found most useful.
Hope this helps keep your browsing safe!
- Fixing the scroll wheel on the Microsoft Arc Mouse
- How to add a Ghost replacement bag to a Brodin Pro Cutthroat Net
- Eagle Creek Tarmac ES 22 Uneven Wheel Wear
- HVAC "service professional" experience
- Pellet Stove Exhaust Blower Motor fix update
- Audio & Video Gear
- Sandia Vista Elementary School Montessori Program - a hidden gem in the Rio Rancho Public School System (RRPS)
- Eagle Creek Tarmac ES 22
- Whitfield Advantage Optima 3 Pellet Stove - Noisy/Rattling Blower
- How to record and produce a MP3 file from a 2 person interview
- Ran into Julia Goodfox @goodfox on the flight to KC. Small world! http://t.co/vy0AQDHpQ2 3 months ago
- Nice to see this at the national level. cnn.com/2014/06/04/us/… 8 months ago
- Nice to see a David Scott Melton (Pueblo of Laguna member) highlighted in the press today! ... abqjournal.com/331576/biz/bus… 1 year ago
- Maybe #InnovateAbq should take a look at the success at gangplankhq.com 1 year ago
- RT @desertronin: "There are worse things than being monotone. I could be a psychopath. Or a politician." - Alix Generous at #tedxabq 1 year ago