Two Firefox browser additions you should have
For one, I always think it’s better to use a 3rd party browser vs the native browser that comes with the operating system or computer. I have been a big fan of the Firefox browser since it first came out, a separate application install meant security updates to the browser were not tied to the underlying operating system. In addition, the open source nature, extensions, and plugin support meant there is a open framework for getting problems fixed quick and adding new features relatively simple.
There are two firefox browser additions I want to make people aware of, I use them to minimize the number of ads I see on most websites (sometimes ads lead to some unsafe sites) and the other forces a secure connection to most websites to help prevent network eavesdropping.
- Ad Block Plus – this addition tells firefox not to load ads from common websites that serve advertisements, it reduces the content on the page.
- HTTPS Everywhere – this addition from the Electronic Frontier Foundation tells firefox to use a secure connection when logging on to a website if it exists, it helps keep your id and password more secure.
I’m sure there are other security related additions, these are just two I found most useful.
Hope this helps keep your browsing safe!
- Fixing the scroll wheel on the Microsoft Arc Mouse
- HVAC "service professional" experience
- Whitfield Advantage Optima 3 Pellet Stove - Noisy/Rattling Blower
- Eagle Creek Tarmac ES 22 Uneven Wheel Wear
- Pellet Stove Exhaust Blower Motor fix update
- How to add a Ghost replacement bag to a Brodin Pro Cutthroat Net
- Err Card 2 fixed on Marantz PMD661 with A2.03 Firmware
- Eagle Creek Tarmac ES 22
- How to use VNC & Camtasia to record presentations/demos from other laptops
- RT @caracowanwatts: Top 10 Skills You Need at Work That Have Nothing to Do with Your Job buff.ly/1LAzrsy 1 week ago
- RT @davideagleman: Thank you, all, for watching and supporting #BrainPBS these past six weeks: on.fb.me/1HZCV9M https://t.co/nnJ7LdD… 1 week ago
- Not sure I'd pay 12K to compete, but I enjoy #flyfishing like the next person. flyfisherman.com/news/burned-by… 1 week ago
- Learned something new about the pain matrix, in groups, out groups, and genocide. @davideagleman video.pbs.org/video/23656005… 1 week ago
- RT @PBS: What's next for the brain and our species? @davideagleman explores on the #BrainPBS finale tonight @ 10/9c on @PBS. https://t.co/J… 1 week ago