Two Firefox browser additions you should have
For one, I always think it’s better to use a 3rd party browser vs the native browser that comes with the operating system or computer. I have been a big fan of the Firefox browser since it first came out, a separate application install meant security updates to the browser were not tied to the underlying operating system. In addition, the open source nature, extensions, and plugin support meant there is a open framework for getting problems fixed quick and adding new features relatively simple.
There are two firefox browser additions I want to make people aware of, I use them to minimize the number of ads I see on most websites (sometimes ads lead to some unsafe sites) and the other forces a secure connection to most websites to help prevent network eavesdropping.
- Ad Block Plus – this addition tells firefox not to load ads from common websites that serve advertisements, it reduces the content on the page.
- HTTPS Everywhere – this addition from the Electronic Frontier Foundation tells firefox to use a secure connection when logging on to a website if it exists, it helps keep your id and password more secure.
I’m sure there are other security related additions, these are just two I found most useful.
Hope this helps keep your browsing safe!
- Fixing the scroll wheel on the Microsoft Arc Mouse
- HVAC "service professional" experience
- Eagle Creek Tarmac ES 22 Uneven Wheel Wear
- Microphone placement for interviews ... the "Hat Mic"
- Eagle Creek Tarmac ES 22
- How to record and produce a MP3 file from a 2 person interview
- Jay Torres-Muga 3609 North Pole Loop NE rental
- Engineering talk at SIPI
- Dad's Driving Tips
- Tie-Fast Tutorial
- Strangest directions to a restaurant. http://t.co/OK0ImdGEKL 2 months ago
- RT @indianz: Editorial: Washington students will benefit from tribal knowledge indianz.com/News/2015/0176… http://t.co/CqkNie1TnM 2 months ago
- Missed "take your child to work day" now getting around to "take your child to work week" in Boston (6:20a flight) http://t.co/CzoNWnHp0G 2 months ago
- RT @msparck: When a storm rolls on a town (Bethel) instead of in! http://t.co/lx7visxsUl 2 months ago
- @epicenterABQ thanks for the invite, maybe next time. :-) 2 months ago