PodCampAZ 2010 Summary
PodCampAZ 2010 was a great event with many people wanting to share their learning & experiences. Well worth the effort to travel to Phoenix from Albuquerque. Even though there were less people this year, I renewed many friendships from last year and made many new ones as well.
This year I had the great opportunity to “bask in the awesomeness” of the following speakers:
- Chris Hewitt – Forget the Experts…
- Derek Neighbors – New Media is a Connection Point not a End Point
- Video Genius Panel – Izzy, Clintus, Dave, & Jacqui
- Jeremy Vaught – Zero to Hero
- Israel Hyman (Izzy) – How to make a living as a full time podcaster
- WordPress SEO Genius Panel – Chuck, Charlene, & Sam
- Kevin Kitteridge – Do It Live!
Some of the more important ideas that I walked away with were:
- Digital interactions can not replace In Real Life interactions
- A 3 product approach to developing a viable information product based business
- A couple new WordPress/SEO plugins to take a look at
I also had the opportunity to jump in, on the last day, and present what I wanted to share with regard to Media & Time Shifted Learning in a Corporation. The presentation went well, very informal as usual with a couple tangents based on questions. I have re-recorded the content, I posted it in video format in case you happen to have missed the session or did not attend the conference. Just a reminder, these are my opinions and are not opinions of my employer.
Here is the link to the downloadable MP4 video file, it’s 22 minutes long and about 34 MB in size and can be played with the Apple QuickTime Player.
In summary, a great weekend, looking forward to what next year will bring.